Ladybug Childcare & Preschool is a year-round school that offers a full-day in a warm, nurturing, and home-away-from-home environment for children aged 18 months to 5 years.
Ladybug hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm. The half day program runs Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 1:15pm. View our sample daily schedule.
Founded in 1989 with three location in the Marina and Cow Hollow, Ladybug has downsized to 1 location on Bay Street in the Marina. This allows for our staff and team to take all the necessary precautions during this sensitive time. What the saying? “Do one thing and do it right.” This is our goal!
- Bay Street: 18 months – 5 year olds, teaching 10-12 children (full-time)
We give our students:
- A warm, nurturing environment with an emphasis on Emergent Curriculum which includes exploration of art, music, dramatic play, language, natural science, mathematics, cooking, and block play
- Daily outdoor play* regular outings to Fort Mason, Marina Greens and Aquatic Park.
- Morning and afternoon snacks
- Quiet time
- Field trips*suspended until further notice
- Toilet teaching guidance
- Year-round program
- Experienced teachers
“We Are in This Together”: New COVID-19 Procedures
- Ladybug follows new guidelines outlined by CDC, SFDPH, and CDSS (Family Child Care Division)
- Health Screening before entering the building, including temperature checks
- Removing outside shoes before entering the classroom
- New drop off procedures, parents say goodbye outside and a teacher walks them up to the school.
- Consistent and frequent cleaning and sanitizing of highly touched surfaces
- Washing hands for at least 20 seconds upon entering the school and throughout the day
- Children between the ages of 2-6 age encouraged to wear masks to school and while in school, except for meals and quiet time
- Teachers wear masks and follow same health screenings
- Parent Community has created an Agreement document that lists how we will be in community during COVID. This is signed document by each family.
- Ladybug has no cases for COVID to date.
- To provide a caring, intimate environment where our students can learn to explore, gain confidence, and grow
- To support and enhance physical, social, cognitive, and emotional growth
- To assist our young students in their explorations of themselves and the world around them
- To prepare our students for the exciting next step of kindergarten and beyond
“My daughter Kate attends Ladybug. It had changed our life. She thrives at this preschool.” - Danielle G.